- I only take suggestions from the dA Related gallery.
- Ensure the deviant hasn't already received a Daily Deviation within the past 6 months.
- If you are suggesting several deviations from the same artist, please keep them in one note.
- Please let me know if you'd prefer your suggestion to be anonymous.
- You may suggest yourself.
You may also suggest deviations from these additional galleries:
- Resources and Stock > Tutorials > dA Related
All community volunteers have different taste, as a result we all look for different things when featuring Daily Deviations. Here's a more detailed insight into what I look for when I choose to feature something as a DD.
I apologize for it being so long. Unlike some galleries, the dA Related gallery offers quite a diverse range of mediums/categories - so I have to explain each one.
- I'm more inclined to feature stamps with transparency around the borders.
- Please do not suggest anything with screenshots of tv shows, music videos, etc. I will always look the other way when being suggested stamps with copyrighted images.
- I do prefer the stamps to average size - 99x56 pixels (with extra pixels either side).
- I won't be biased towards any message the stamp contains. As long as the stamp is well-made, it will be considered.
- This is where it gets tougher. Because this is a category where virtually any medium can be used. That said, but looking at the deviantMEET gallery - most submissions (that aren't miscats) are photography. I won't be looking at the photography as the main aspect for featuring, I'll be focusing on how it's captured. i.e spontaneous photos; one's that aren't planned and/or capture the heart of that devMEET. That doesn't mean planned one's won't be considered, I'll still consider fantastic group shots.
- This generally isn't a gallery that is featured a lot. You'd be lucky to see 3-5 Adoptable DDs per year. However, when suggesting an adoptable, I'm looking for a unique design. Too many times I look through the Adoptables gallery and it's the same design but different colours/patterns.
- Memes is a difficult one to feature from. But if I were to feature something from this gallery, it would have to be a Meme Template or an exceptionally well drawn/painted/etc meme.
T-shirts, Gear & Prints
- A deviantART product purchased from the Prints Shop or T-shirts & Gear Shop must be in the photograph. It's simply not a Product Shot without it.
- Photos taken with a low-quality camera won't be considered.
- Creativeness is the key to having a DD Suggestion accepted in this gallery.
- I will obviously not feature anything submitted by DeviantArtGear.
- There are only a few actual zines being posted every so often. Because of this, don't expect me to feature them too often.
- I don't mind if they are published off-site and just uploaded here with the cover or preview image with a link to the off-site publication.
deviantART Skins & Scripts
- It must work on at least one browser.
- I have no preference on which browser it was made for. I will test any script that gets suggested to me.
Journal and Gallery Skins
- Installable/Complete CSS vs Designs. When it comes to them being suggested, they will be considered equally.
- Nothing that uses copyrighted images will be considered, though, that should be common sense.
- The suggestion must be feasible. If it doesn't look like it would fit well with deviantART, I probably won't consider it. If the artist has explained it well, this won't be a problem.
- The presentation is another thing I look at closely. Fonts that are hard to read, colors that are eye-cancerous, and screenshots that aren't properly cropped, etc - won't convince me to feature it.
- As IDs can be created using virtually any medium, there are no specific preferences for this category. All I can really say is, creativity is the key.
If you need anything clarified, I encourage you to leave your question in the comments below. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE DD SUGGESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS. Please read the How to Suggest section below.
How to Suggest
Send me a note with the subject DD Suggestion. You must include the thumb of the deviation. If you wish, you may include a reason why you think the deviation should be featured.
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects Daily Deviations and how are they chosen?
FAQ #313: How can I find out if someone already has a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?